Course Instructor: Alex Vazquez
The first of a 3-part series, the objective of this course is to help prepare you with the foundational concepts needed to help you start working with Microsoft Azure quickly. We will cover key basic concepts, walk you through creating an Azure subscription, and lay down the foundation for the Machine Learning and Data sessions.
In this course, we will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Azure cloud computing.
- Basic functions: Azure Directories, Subscriptions, Resource Groups, Regions, Compute, Tour of Azure Services.
- Azure walkthrough.
And you will complete the following hands-on exercises:
- Exercise: Setting up your first Azure subscription
- Preparing for Machine Learning in Azure
- Preparing for Working with Data in Azure.
- On-demand course videos: https://aka.ms/university-azure/GettingStartedAzure
- Scheduled Live Office Hours with Course Instructor. Submit your questions in advance of scheduled office hours at https://aka.ms/university-azure/questions
To fulfil the course, you would need to get your Azure subscription
|Video Name||Video Title||Video Description||Video Time|
|Video 1A||Getting Started with Azure – Part 1||Introduction to Azure cloud computing. What is cloud computing. Azure key concepts: Directories, Subscriptions, Resource Groups, and Regions||12:39|
|Video 1B||Getting Started with Azure – Part 2||What is Azure. How does Azure work. Azure compute overview. Tour of Azure services.||12:07|
|Video 1C||Getting Started with Azure – Part 3||Part 3 covers an Azure walkthrough part 1||9:53|
|Video 1D||Getting Started with Azure – Part 4||Part 4 covers an Azure walkthrough Part 2||13:28|
|Video 1E||Getting Started with Azure – Part 5||Part 5 covers an overview of additional learning resources||1:30|
|Video 1F||Exercise - Setting up first Azure for Students Subscription||Exercise: Setting up your first Azure for Students subscription.||7:04|
|Video 1G||Exercise - Preparing for Machine Learning||Exercise: Preparing for Machine Learning in Azure.||5:40|
|Video 1H||Exercise - Preparing for Working with Data||Exercise: Preparing for working with data in Azure. Update: Please follow the instructions at Set up MySQL database in the Cloud Shell in order to set up the MySQL Database in the Cloud Shell. You must now include the certificate steps listed.||16:03|