Course Instructor: Jasmine Greenaway
This workshop is an introduction to working with data in the cloud on Azure. You will walk through the different data structures and how they can be managed, consumed, and accessed in Azure. This workshop also explores solutions and integrations with common tools used for extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes. You will leave with an improved understanding of Azure’s data ecosystem and where your existing data fits within it.
In this course, we will cover the following topics:
- Benefits of working with data in the cloud and review of terminology
- Relational data with Azure SQL and Azure MySQL Database, and more
- Files and blobs with Azure Storage
- Additional tools and services and strategies for migrating data to Azure and options for computation.
And you will complete the following hands-on exercises:
- How to transform data to another type with Azure Data Factory
- Integration with Jupyter Notebooks in Azure Machine Learning Studio
- This workshop uses Python, but knowledge of the language is not required.
- Complete the Getting Started with Azure course by Alex Vazquez.
- On-demand course videos
- Scheduled Live Office Hours with Course Instructor. Submit your questions in advance of scheduled office hours at https://aka.ms/university-azure/questions
To fulfil the course, you would need to get your Azure subscription
|Video Name||Video Title||Video Description||Video Time|
|Video 3A||Benefits Working with Data||Benefits of working with data in the cloud and terminology||8:10|
|Video 3B||Databases||Relational data with Azure SQL and Azure MySQL Database, and more||6:34|
|Video 3C||Unstructured Data||Files and blobs with Azure Storage||7:37|
|Video 3D||Exercise – How to Transform Data||Exercise: How to transform data to another type with Azure Data Factory and integration with Jupyter Notebooks in Azure Machine Learning Studio||18:13|
|Video 3E||Tools and Integrations||Additional tools and services and strategies for migrating data to Azure and options for computation||8:34|
Supplemental GitHub Repository: https://aka.ms/university-azure/DataIntro
Migration and ETL + Additional Services
- Azure Data Factory documentation
- Azure Stream Analytics documentation
- Azure Databricks documentation overview